Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall is in the air...

Even though it is warm today you can feel fall is in the air.  Football game Sunday, school yesterday - and I hate to admit it, but a cinnamon cider donut yesterday afternoon :-)
Here is a card I whipped up for a couple who were married.   I have used this stamp for three wedding cards in a row so I think I need to start changing it up next time.

The large stamp is "circle lace" from Hero Arts.  I loved it so much when I saw it that I bought it even though it was wood mounted (I live in a teeny tiny house, I usually refuse to buy anything that is not compact).
I stamped it with embossing ink and used American Crafts opaque white embossing powder to make it pop.  Added a little silver bling in the center.  Sentiment is from the Unity July Stampin' Store Kit (I cannot make something without Unity on it somwhere!).  Misc ribbon.  Even though it doesn't show I edged the sentiment piece with a little platinum Versamark ink.  This looks really beautiful with black or red embossing powder as well.   I have also tried it with clear embossing powder on cream paper and sponged a very light tan chalk ink over it and it was fab. 
See you later in the week!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment