Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day! (aka uggh it's back to school time!)

Well, it's a crazy day here at my house and it doesn't feel too much like a laid back holiday, but that's how we do things!  Just a quick note to wish everyone a fantastic back to school in the morning.  No matter how rushed it is, I will try to breath through my nose and stay calm.
So here are my back to school cards that I made for all of my son's teachers.  I figured everyone loves a card and it will help cement his name in his new teacher's memories since they will be switching classes this year.

Now, the colors look a little off but it's really a dark red, the flash took it's toll on it.  I used the great Unity set "school through the years". I love this set and can see using it for tons of school-related scrapbook pages for my kiddos.  The card base is Creative Memories Cement Card stock.  It is like kraft paper but a smidge lighter and it is my current go-to paper -love it!  The red is also CM using a Hero Arts ledger stamp in Distress Brick Red for the background image.  All other images are Unity. Rounded the corners with a CM corner rounder and all 10 of them were in the envelope (I did two for my daughters preschool teachers too!)

Ingredients: CM Cardstock in Cement, Shades of Red Paper from CM, stamps Unity & Hero Arts, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Brick Red & Old Paper, Powder Puff Inks in Maraschino, Ranger Archival Ink in Black,  ribbon, EK Success Chalk

Enjoy your last summer evening!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment